Recipe by Lakerdog2
From Pioneer Woman, her little sister, Betsy's recipe. I loved this! Made with milk instead of cream and it was great. Would be even better with the cream, of course ; )
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks for posting Lakerdog2. I found this recipe in her book "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" and knew it would be just what the family needed it get out the beef and chicken rut. It delivered. NOTE THE BOOK RECIPE IS DIFFERENT. The book shows a pound of penne and 14.5 can tomato sauce. Otherwise identical. We made is per the book. It is morsel after morsel of flavor. 5 stars. My husband wanted to give it six stars. The FRESH herbs are a must. The shrimp with the creamy sauce made of simply cream and tomato sauce along with butter, garlic, shrimp and olive oil was exquisite. This is great for company no other meat needed as it is main dish all the way. Kids and adults alike had seconds and thirds! Love it. Will make it again and again. It is so good!Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3⁄4 lb penne pasta, uncooked
- olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to desired doneness, set aside.
- Cook shrimp in 1 tbs butter and some olive oil.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add more butter to pan, cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Put cooked shrimp on cutting board, cut into small pieces.
- Add wine to skillet, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add cream and stir well, mix in cut up shrimp.
- Add cooked pasta and fresh herbs.