Recipe by Mille®
Adding to my growing repertoire of tasty wingers recipes! I got the recipe from a Puerto Rican co-worker.
- 8 fresh chicken wings
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sultanas or 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut off the wing tips and discard them or save them for other purposes.
- Cut the remaining wings apart at joints to make 2 pieces each.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the chilies, onion, raisins, preserves, brown sugar, lemon juice, allspice and banana in a blender or food processor and purée.
- In a large frying pan, heat the garlic oil.
- Fry the wings for 18 to 20 minutes or until done and well browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, pour the sauce into a small saucepan and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes to thicken the liquid, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper.
- Serve with dipping sauce.