- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 fat carrots
- 4 long toothpicks
- 4 short toothpicks (or regular size)
- 1 (6 ounce) canjumbo pitted black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard boil as many eggs as you would like Penguins.
- Clean a "fat" carrot (first removing the green) and cut about an inch off the carrot from the top.
- Cut a notch (upside-down V,) in front and in back of the carrot . Your carrot now looks like penguin feet.
- After your eggs have cooled, peel the shell off.
- Take a long toothpick and put it into the center of the "feet".
- Slip the cooled hard boiled egg onto the toothpick, wide side down.
- Slip a short toothpick, through the egg. About half way up the egg.
- Cut a "beak" from a leftover piece of carrot
- Make a small nick in the middle of a jumbo pitted black olive and push the carrot (beak) into the olive.
- Place the olive on top of the toothpick, sticking out of the body, he now has a head!
- Get another black pitted olive and cut it in half.
- Place each half onto the "arms" of the short toothpick, penguin flippers!
- They look great in the middle of a plate of Deviled Eggs.
- No two penguins look alike and everyone loves them.
- Get creative, give them a scarf or cut the beak so that it's open".
- (Safety Note) Watch the toothpicks around kids, they will want to eat the penguins.
- (Second Safety Note) Watch the adults too.