Recipe by Sharon in Ontario. Canada
If you love bread pudding this is sooo good From our Church newsletter
- 1 (1 5/8 lb) raisin bread (Pennetone)
- 9 eggs
- 3 (10 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (could also use brn sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash ground cinnamon (optional) or 1 dash ground nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Panettone bread is a type of raisin bread in the shape of a chef's hat. Recipezaar has some recipes for this if you are unable to purchase in a store.
- Cut bread into 1" cubes and place in 9 X 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Stir in milk, sugar, butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour over bread cubes, pressing Panettone into milk mixture.
- Let stand 10 minute.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon & or nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 90 minutes.