Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good for poultry. I have no idea where my aunt Shirley got this recipe, but it's been in the family at least 75 years.
- Heat butter over medium to low heat until completely melted.
- Add brown sugar and stir with a whisk.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add vinegar while stirring with a whisk.
- Cut lemons in half and remove seeds. Squeeze into sauce and stir.
- Drop lemon halves into sauce.
- Continue to cook for about 45 minutes until lemons are soft.
- Keep warm while brushing on chicken.
- The sauce freezes exceptionally well (even with the lemons in it).