kit in NO's Note:
Good for poultry. I have no idea where my aunt Shirley got this recipe, but it's been in the family at least 75 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter over medium to low heat until completely melted.
- 2Add brown sugar and stir with a whisk.
- 3Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard and blend thoroughly.
- 4Slowly add vinegar while stirring with a whisk.
- 5Cut lemons in half and remove seeds. Squeeze into sauce and stir.
- 6Drop lemon halves into sauce.
- 7Continue to cook for about 45 minutes until lemons are soft.
- 8Keep warm while brushing on chicken.
- 9The sauce freezes exceptionally well (even with the lemons in it).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pender Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5357.2
- Calories from Fat 3370
- Total Fat 374.5 g
- Saturated Fat 233.6 g
- Cholesterol 976.1 mg
- Sodium 6412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 527.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 460.5 g
- Protein 14.5 g