kit in NO's Note:
Good for poultry. I have no idea where my aunt Shirley got this recipe, but it's been in the family at least 75 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter over medium to low heat until completely melted.
- 2Add brown sugar and stir with a whisk.
- 3Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard and blend thoroughly.
- 4Slowly add vinegar while stirring with a whisk.
- 5Cut lemons in half and remove seeds. Squeeze into sauce and stir.
- 6Drop lemon halves into sauce.
- 7Continue to cook for about 45 minutes until lemons are soft.
- 8Keep warm while brushing on chicken.
- 9The sauce freezes exceptionally well (even with the lemons in it).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pender Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5357.2
- Calories from Fat 3370
- Total Fat 374.5 g
- Saturated Fat 233.6 g
- Cholesterol 976.1 mg
- Sodium 6412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 527.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 460.5 g
- Protein 14.5 g