Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother used to make this and now its a favorite around my house too!
- 3⁄4 lb sausage
- 4 ounces broad egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- Cut sausages into 1" pieces.
- Cook uncovered in frying pan (with a lid for later) until well browned. Drain off all fat.
- Add uncooked noodles, onion and celery.
- Sprinkle with the next 5 ingredients.
- Combine tomatoes, water and cheese. Pour over mixture in pan. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until noodles are tender - about 30 minutes.
- Add boiling water during cooking if needed.
- Serve very hot, sprinkled with extra cheese.