4 hrs 30 mins
Erin K. Brown's Note:
These can be served as a soup in the broth you boil them in or drained out and served alone. If serving as a soup, tossing in a little fresh dill and a dollop of sour cream is highly recommended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely dice the onions.
- 2Mix raw hamburger, onions, salt, and pepper together.
- 3Blend all the dough ingredients together and roll out.
- 4Use a 3-3/8" diameter dough press (or dumpling maker) to cut out rounds of dough.
- 5Fill with ~1 tbsp of filling and seal shut.
- 6Lay out on a tray (making sure they are not touching), separate layers with wax paper and freeze.
- 7Once frozen, they will keep in the freezer for several weeks.
- 8When ready to make, drop directly into boiling water or broth and cook until they float (~5 minutes). A little vegetable oil can be added to keep them from sticking together.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pelmeni (Russian Ravioli)
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 231.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.4 g