Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
These can be served as a soup in the broth you boil them in or drained out and served alone. If serving as a soup, tossing in a little fresh dill and a dollop of sour cream is highly recommended.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 3 red onions
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 dash pepper
- Finely dice the onions.
- Mix raw hamburger, onions, salt, and pepper together.
- Blend all the dough ingredients together and roll out.
- Use a 3-3/8" diameter dough press (or dumpling maker) to cut out rounds of dough.
- Fill with ~1 tbsp of filling and seal shut.
- Lay out on a tray (making sure they are not touching), separate layers with wax paper and freeze.
- Once frozen, they will keep in the freezer for several weeks.
- When ready to make, drop directly into boiling water or broth and cook until they float (~5 minutes). A little vegetable oil can be added to keep them from sticking together.