1/9 Photos of Peking Style Chicken
Diana #2's Note:
This is a dish we were served one night on one of the Princess Cruise ships. Tender, with a wonderful flavour. Of course when they served it, it was "dressed to the nines". When I make it at home, I serve it with rice and a vegetable. ;) This is also great served in a wrap. NOTE: For those thinking of substituting Splenda for the sugar, please read the review posted by Oolala on Feb 11/09. Thanks Oolala for the heads up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili peppers (if using) and vinegar. Blend thoroughly and set aside.
- 2Coat chicken pieces in cornstarch. Dip into beaten egg whites.
- 3Saute the chicken in hot oil until crispy and brown.
- 4Drain oil from the pan and add sauce.
- 5Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peking Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.3
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 590.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 19.1 g