Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is one of my only chicken recipes because we don't eat chicken. However I make this when we have bbq's for guests and it is consumed before you can blink. It is so easy to make as well, served in warmed tortilla bread.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 cm ginger, shredded
- 6 tortillas
- 1⁄4 bunch shallot, shredded (green onions)
- 2 cucumbers, cut into thin shreds
- Trim chicken fillets of all fat and sinew.
- Place hoisin, soy, vinegar, garlic and ginger in large bowl and stir.
- Add chicken and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Cook chicken on hot bbq or under a hot grill 4 minutes each side. Remove and stand 5 minutes.
- Cut tortillas in half, wrap in foil andwarm in the oven.
- Place remaining marinade in a small suacepan and heat until mixture boils. Pour the hot mixture into a serving bowl.
- Slice chicken into strips (I sometimes pre-slice my chicken and grill it that way to save this step - but cook the chicken for less time).
- Allow your guests to place chicken strips with shallots, cucumber and sauce in the warmed tortilla and enjoy!