Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a recipe from Ricardo.
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 (450 g) salmon fillets
- Put the grill above in the oven at around 10 cm (4 inches) of the heating element. Preheat the oven to Broil.
- In a little skillet, bring to a boil all the ingredients, except the salmon and salt. Reduce in half. Put aside.
- Put the salmon on a baking sheet with foil paper. Brush the salmon with the marinade. Salt a little bit. Cook in the oven for about 8 minutes, in accordance with the thickness of the salmon. Brush delicately a few more times during the cooking.
- When it's ready, brush with the marinade if you still have and serve immediately. Serve with rice and greens beans with butter.
Loved this! Made it with green beans and white rice for lunch today. Upped the garlic (doubled) and added a little extra ginger. Thanks for posting!
Great salmon!! The only change I made was to leave out the cayenne pepper; I do not like heat. Was still very good, I sprinkled a little black pepper on it so it would balance out the sweet in place of the cayenne. will be making this again; it was so easy and that is what I need since I have to make 2 meals when I cook salmon since no one else in my family eats fish. Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.
This recipe is going into my best-of-the-best file. Delicious salmon! My husband went back for seconds. I loved the marinade flavor; a perfect blend of sweet and spice (just a hint of spice). The recipe couldn't be easier or quicker. Thanks for posting!