Recipe by katew
Great for the BBQ. prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Peter J
Yummo! Made all as directed apart from I was using really thick ribs so cooked on the BBQ over a lower temperature with hood down for about 30 minutes to cook them through.The left-over marinade looked too good to go to waste so I also diced in half a small onion and boiled in a pot to make a sauce that was great over the ribs and rice.
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 1⁄4 kgs pork ribs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, wine, honey and five spice.
- Place ribs in a single layer in the marinade and turn to coat.
- Cover and place in fridge for 3 - 5 hours.
- Spray a cold BBQ plate or grill with oil.
- Preheat on medium high heat.
- BBQ ribs for 5 minutes each side, till golden and cooked through.
- Remove from heat, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.