Recipe by SillyNilly
Very simple to prepare & can be done in the crockpot in as little as 4 hrs.
Top Review by SillyNilly
I find that newer crockpots tend to cook faster AND hotter than the older ones. My crockpot is 10 (PLUS) years old and I use a 3.5 crock for cooking this recipe. Maybe next time you might try cooking at a less time or if you have a smaller size crockpot try using that. Hope this was helpful!
- 6 boneless pork loin steaks, 1 inch thick cut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce or 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from pork chops and place in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl and pour over meat.
- Cover, turn to low and cook 4 to 6 hours, or until tender.
- Do not overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with steamed Jasmine or Basmati rice and/or Chinese.
- This also works well with chicken.