Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very simple to prepare & can be done in the crockpot in as little as 4 hrs.
Make and share this Peking Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Trim excess fat from pork chops and place in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl and pour over meat.
- Cover, turn to low and cook 4 to 6 hours, or until tender.
- Do not overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with steamed Jasmine or Basmati rice and/or Chinese.
- This also works well with chicken.
I find that newer crockpots tend to cook faster AND hotter than the older ones. My crockpot is 10 (PLUS) years old and I use a 3.5 crock for cooking this recipe. Maybe next time you might try cooking at a less time or if you have a smaller size crockpot try using that. Hope this was helpful!
This is an okay recipe. I had much better crockpot pork chop. My porkchop came out rather bland.
This was okay but probably not something we'll make again. I would have rated this at a 4, dh at a 2, so I compromised at the 3. It was a little salty but the brown sugar balanced it out much more nicely than I'd thought it would.