Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Modified from a recipe at AllRecipes.com
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 onion, cut in 1/4-inch wedges
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (packed in juice)
- Place red pepper, green pepper and onion in bottom of a crock pot. Place pork chops on top.
- Mix together ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over pork chops.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Add pineapple chunks and cook 1 hour longer. Serve over cooked white rice.