Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This comes from the Peking House restaurant in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Easily adaptable to what you have on hand, including any meat you like, or use tofu. The cook times are approximate since none were given. It cooks fast, though, if you are using all leftover rice, eggs, and meat, which this recipe assumes. If you have to cook the meat, scramble eggs, etc. then it will take longer. It's best to use leftover rice.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup cooked beef, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- Heat oiled or sprayed wok or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables and garlic and cook, stirring continuously, until they are hot, but still crisp.
- Add in rice, eggs, meat, and soy sauce. Continue to stir and cook until hot.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper. Serve.