Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the Peking House restaurant in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Easily adaptable to what you have on hand, including any meat you like, or use tofu. The cook times are approximate since none were given. It cooks fast, though, if you are using all leftover rice, eggs, and meat, which this recipe assumes. If you have to cook the meat, scramble eggs, etc. then it will take longer. It's best to use leftover rice.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup cooked beef, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- Heat oiled or sprayed wok or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables and garlic and cook, stirring continuously, until they are hot, but still crisp.
- Add in rice, eggs, meat, and soy sauce. Continue to stir and cook until hot.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper. Serve.
Very nice flavour .. everyone loved it. Will be adding this to regular meal plans. Love it!
So delicious...even my in-laws loved it and they are not always fond of my new recipes.
I was looking for peking fried rice like my local chinese takeout res had. This is darn close! I did use more soy sauce and added red pepper flake since my local place has a little heat and the rice is really dark in color. Thanks so much for posting. PS - I made extra steamed rice and froze it so I can make it again later on.