Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Salty and sweet; good party food
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut into joints with bony wing tips discarded (or 3 lb. chicken drumettes)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- hot pepper sauce
- Coat the slow cooker with cooking spray; rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat; brown the wings in batches, 3-5 minutes per side; as they brown, transfer to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together; pour mixture over the wings to coat evenly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 ½ to 2 hours; if possible, stir gently halfway through cooking with a wooden spoon, pushing the wings on the top to the bottom to coat with the sauce.
- Serve hot or warm.