Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very interesting fusion of International cuisines from the Mediterranean to China. Just imagine eating Peking Duck drizzled with a Sabra Orange & Honey Sauce (Israeli). Served over a bed of Chinese Yangzhou Vegetable Fried Rice. Is your "Mouth Watering" from the thought of tasting the sweet orange flavors! Try making this delicious recipe. You and your family will love it!
BROWN RICE INGREDIENTS
- 354.88 ml brown rice (Long Grain American Basmati Rice, Texmati brand or equivalent)
- 828.06 ml water
- 9.85 ml salt
PEKING DUCK INGREDIENTS
- 453.59-680.38 g cooked peking duck, half a duck (Substitute, Soy Sauce Chicken, Chicken or Turkey Breasts)
SABRA SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 88.74 ml orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 29.58 ml harveys bristol cream (or dry white wine)
- 14.79-29.58 ml honey
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml light olive oil
- 1.23 ml orange zest
- 7.39 ml tapioca flour, in a little water
- 14.79 ml apricot jam (Optional, Duck Sauce)
- 1 orange (for garnish)
YANGZHOU VEGETABLE FRIED RICE INGREDIENTS
- 473.18-709.77 ml cooked brown rice, cold
- 2 eggs (substitute 2 Egg Beaters or equivalent brand; 1/4-1/2 cup liquid)
- 2 spring scallions, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 59.14 ml zucchini, chopped up
- 59.14 ml squash, chopped up
- 59.14 ml fresh pea pods, cut up into pieces
- 103.53 ml vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, chopped up
- 59.14 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- BROWN RICE INSTRUCTIONS:.
- Put all ingredients in a large pot; Bring to a boil, stir one time and cover with a tightly fitting cover, including aluminum foil; Reduce heat and cook approximately 60 minutes; Check to make sure the water has not evaporated enough to cause the rice to burn on the bottom; Remove from heat and check to see the rice is firm and not mushy; Separate grains with a fork;Put in a large bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator to cool; (Makes about 4 cups of rice).
- SABRA SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS:.
- Combine all the ingredients less the 1 orange (for garnish) and mix well; Place in a frying pan, heat and then add tapioca powder to thicken; Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate; Cut up the 1 orange into thin slices and then in half; Set aside for garnish.
- YANGZHOU VEGETABLE FRIED RICE INSTRUCTIONS:.
- Add a little oil in a frying pan and scramble eggs until done; shred into thin pieces; Set aside; In a wok add 3 or more tablespoons vegetable oil; Add garlic and when it starts to sizzle add the cold rice.
- Stir fry constantly to coat the rice with the oil about 3-5 minutes; Then add the stock and soy sauce; continue to stir fry about 3-5 minutes.
- Next add zucchini & squash, pea pods and stir fry a 3 minutes; Next add scallions, shredded eggs, a little more soy sauce to taste, sesame oil and stir fry a few minutes more;Place in a large microwave dish, cover and set aside.
- PUT IT ALL TOGETHER:.
- Step A- Make the Brown Rice.
- Step B- Make the Sabra Sauce.
- Step C- Make the Yangzhou Fried Rice.
- Step D- In the microwave oven heat up the Duck (or other poultry of your choice) and keep warm.
- Step E- In the microwave oven heat up the Sabra Sauce and keep warm.
- Step F- Using a large platter or individual plates, place the Fried Rice in the center of the plate; Over the rice add the Duck (or poultry) and drizzle with the Sabra Sauce.
- Step G- Garnish with Orange Slices.
- Step H- Have a side dish (or individual dishes) of Sabra Sauce for guests to use.
- Note: All components of this recipe can be made in advance and then simply re-heated when ready to serve; Further, you can also add some green & red peppers to the fried rice if you prefer. Also, a side dish of mixed Mediterranean vegetables and Moong Bean Dahl, would make this a more complete International meal.