Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
prep time includes marinading
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Reserve 1 cup hoisin sauce mixture; set aside.
- Cut chicken diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Add chicken to the remaining sauce mixture in bowl and stir well.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator up to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bowl; discard marinade.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add half of chicken; cook 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken.
- Warm tortillas.
- Spread 2 tablespoons reserved hoisin sauce mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Arrange one-eighth of chicken slices and 2 tablespoons green onions down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
The flavors in this were good though a little salty for me. We all kept thinking it needed something - rice or vegies in the wrap. The chicken was lonely with just the green onion.