Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quick and easy. Tastes great with cooked noodles.
Make and share this Peking Beef and Pepper Stir-fry recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces rump steak or 12 ounces sirloin steaks, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 4 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, mix together the steak strips, soy sauce, sherry, cornflour, and brown sugar.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat sunflower and sesame oils in a preheated wok.
- Add garlic and ginger root.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the peppers, sugar snap peas and spring onions.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef, together with the marinade juices to the wok and stir-fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the water and stir till the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve immediately.