This is quick and easy. Tastes great with cooked noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces rump steak or 12 ounces sirloin steaks, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the steak strips, soy sauce, sherry, cornflour, and brown sugar.
- 2Cover and leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
- 3Heat sunflower and sesame oils in a preheated wok.
- 4Add garlic and ginger root.
- 5Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 6Add the peppers, sugar snap peas and spring onions.
- 7Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 8Add the beef, together with the marinade juices to the wok and stir-fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Pour in the water and stir till the sauce has thickened slightly.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peking Beef and Pepper Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.0
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 553.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: