Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is quick and easy. Tastes great with cooked noodles.
Make and share this Peking Beef and Pepper Stir-fry recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces rump steak or 12 ounces sirloin steaks, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 4 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, mix together the steak strips, soy sauce, sherry, cornflour, and brown sugar.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat sunflower and sesame oils in a preheated wok.
- Add garlic and ginger root.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the peppers, sugar snap peas and spring onions.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef, together with the marinade juices to the wok and stir-fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the water and stir till the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve immediately.