Pei Wei Asian Diner Vietnamese Fresh Shrimp and Mango Rolls
- Place water, fish sauce, kosher salt, in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Before adding shrimp, place the juice from lime in the sauce pan. Place shrimp into water & cook for one minute. Drain & place in refrigerator to cool.
- In a mixing bowl add chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce & salt. Whisk together until evenly mixed. Add noodles, carrots, cabbage & mint into mixing bowl. Toss to coat vegetables evenly with sauce. Set aside, place in refrigerator until ready to roll.
- Take a cotton napkin & dampen with water, ring it out & lay it flat on cutting board. Place hot water in mixing bowl at the top of cutting board. Place all your roll ingredients within arms reach.
- Place one rice paper round in the hot water & move around gently until it becomes pliable and loose. Gently pull it out & lay it flat on cotton napkin.
- Place one half of a bibb lettuce leaf on the bottom end of the rice paper. Place 1 ½ oz of vegetable/noodle mix on top of bibb leaf. Place a few thai basil leaves on top, then a few cilantro leaves on top. Place 2 slices of mango on top end to end.
- Place two shrimp on top of the mango. Take the bottom of the rice paper & lift it over the mix rolling it until it start to seal. Take the left side & fold it over like folding an envelope, & do the same with the right side to seal both ends. Then continue rolling from the bottom until the roll is sealed.
- Repeat until you are out of ingredients. Cover with a lightly damp paper towel & refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be served with Chile Sauce, or Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce.