Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from the Pei Wei Asian Diner website.
- 1 lb shrimp (41/50s)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon nam pla
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy brand)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nam pla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces cooked rice stick noodles (blanch according to recipe, drain & cool, cut into 3 inch length)
- 1 cup napa cabbage (cut into 1/4 inch strips)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 12 mint leaves (cut into very thin strips)
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 24 Thai basil
- 1 mango (peeled, cut and sliced into 1/8 inch slices)
- 1 head boston bibb lettuce, leaves removed and torn in half
- prepared mixed vegetables
- prepared cooked shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) package spring roll wrappers (8 inch)
- 1 mixing bowl filled with very hot water
- Place water, fish sauce, kosher salt, in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Before adding shrimp, place the juice from lime in the sauce pan. Place shrimp into water & cook for one minute. Drain & place in refrigerator to cool.
- In a mixing bowl add chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce & salt. Whisk together until evenly mixed. Add noodles, carrots, cabbage & mint into mixing bowl. Toss to coat vegetables evenly with sauce. Set aside, place in refrigerator until ready to roll.
- Take a cotton napkin & dampen with water, ring it out & lay it flat on cutting board. Place hot water in mixing bowl at the top of cutting board. Place all your roll ingredients within arms reach.
- Place one rice paper round in the hot water & move around gently until it becomes pliable and loose. Gently pull it out & lay it flat on cotton napkin.
- Place one half of a bibb lettuce leaf on the bottom end of the rice paper. Place 1 ½ oz of vegetable/noodle mix on top of bibb leaf. Place a few thai basil leaves on top, then a few cilantro leaves on top. Place 2 slices of mango on top end to end.
- Place two shrimp on top of the mango. Take the bottom of the rice paper & lift it over the mix rolling it until it start to seal. Take the left side & fold it over like folding an envelope, & do the same with the right side to seal both ends. Then continue rolling from the bottom until the roll is sealed.
- Repeat until you are out of ingredients. Cover with a lightly damp paper towel & refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be served with Chile Sauce, or Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce.