Pei Wei Asian Diner Mien Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup)
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, bruise slightly with back of a knife
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 lemongrass, stalks tops & bottoms cut off, & smash with the side of knife
- 2 tablespoons galangal, peeled and minced
- 1 (3 -5 lb) rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off the bone, and pulled into strips
- 16 ounces thin rice noodles, cooked according to package, and drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked, discard stems (garnish)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves picked, discard stems (garnish)
- 4 ounces bean sprouts, rinsed (garnish)
- 8 lime wedges (garnish)
- 2 fresh jalapenos, cut into thin rings (garnish)
- hoisin sauce (garnish)
- sriracha garlic and red chile paste (garnish)
- Place chicken stock, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, lemongrass, and galangal in a large sauce pan. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a very low simmer.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn off heat and reserve until you are ready to serve.
- Place your bowls onto plates big enough so they have room for garnishes.
- Reheat broth to a boil for 15 seconds. Fill each bowl with 2 oz of cooked rice noodles, 1/4 cup of tomatoes, 1/4 cup of carrots, 1 Tbsp of Scallions, and approximately 4 oz of pulled chicken.
- Ladle hot broth over ingredients into bowl until bowl is 3/4 full.
- Place a lime wedge, jalapeno rings, bean sprouts, cilantro, thai basil on each plate for garnish. Serve and place Sriracha and Hoisin on the table for extra flavor.