Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
A wonderful combination of Prince Edward Island Potatoes and stewed tomatoes. Leftover potatoes can be used, or microwave your potatoes and then peel and slice.
- 4 -5 potatoes, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 12 cup (3 L) microwave safe casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 of potatoes, tomatoes, thyme, onion, pepper and cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients have been used.
- Cover and cook in microwave 12-15 minutes on HIGH or until potatoes are tender.
- turn casserole dish 1/4 turn once during cooking.
- TIP: REDUCE YOUR COOKING TIME BY THINLY SLICING POTATOES AND/OR USING A LARGE FLAT CASSEROLE DISH.