Recipe by Lauren in Wisconsin
This came from the famous Leinenkugel's Beer Lodge in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. I like it because most of the cooking is done in the crock-pot.
- 2 (609.51 g) can chicken broth
- 2 (609.51 g) can cream of potato soup
- 340.19 g bottleof leinenkugel honey weiss beer
- 226.79 g cubed Velveeta cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped carrot
- 118.29 ml chopped broccoli
- 177.44 ml chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 354.88 ml cooked chicken or 354.88 ml sausage (I like kielbasa)
- 709.77 ml cooked wild rice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml basil
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, carrots, broccoli, celery and meat in a crock-pot, turn on high and cover.
- In a large frying pan (or saucepan), saute the chopped onions in the olive oil until the onion becomes transluscent.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add to the frying pan the cream of potato soup, 1 soup can of water, the bottle of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss beer and cook until hot.
- Add the Velveeta cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the contents of the frying pan to the crock-pot, and turn the setting down to low.
- Add the wild rice, basil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 hours.