2 hrs 30 mins
Lauren in Wisconsin's Note:
This came from the famous Leinenkugel's Beer Lodge in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. I like it because most of the cooking is done in the crock-pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of leinenkugel honey weiss beer
- 8 ounces cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken or 1 1/2 cups sausage (I like kielbasa)
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine chicken broth, carrots, broccoli, celery and meat in a crock-pot, turn on high and cover.
- 2In a large frying pan (or saucepan), saute the chopped onions in the olive oil until the onion becomes transluscent.
- 3Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft.
- 4Add to the frying pan the cream of potato soup, 1 soup can of water, the bottle of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss beer and cook until hot.
- 5Add the Velveeta cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- 6Add the contents of the frying pan to the crock-pot, and turn the setting down to low.
- 7Add the wild rice, basil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 8Cook for 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peg's Wild Beer Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 729.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g