Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This came from the famous Leinenkugel's Beer Lodge in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. I like it because most of the cooking is done in the crock-pot.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottleof leinenkugel honey weiss beer
- 8 ounces cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups sausage (I like kielbasa)
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Combine chicken broth, carrots, broccoli, celery and meat in a crock-pot, turn on high and cover.
- In a large frying pan (or saucepan), saute the chopped onions in the olive oil until the onion becomes transluscent.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add to the frying pan the cream of potato soup, 1 soup can of water, the bottle of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss beer and cook until hot.
- Add the Velveeta cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the contents of the frying pan to the crock-pot, and turn the setting down to low.
- Add the wild rice, basil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 hours.