1/2 Photos of Peg's Southern Style Green Beans
2 hrs 30 mins
Brooke's Kitchen's Note:
A favorite recipe at Peggy's house from the family collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into cubes with kitchen scissors. Brown until crisp. Add onion and potatoes to bacon and drippings. LIghtly salt and pepper.
- 2Cook over medium heat until potatoes and onions begin to get tender. DO NOT BURN ONIONS.
- 3Add drained green beans and stir mixture to coat everything with bacon drippings. Add onion powder and 1 cup chicken broth or water. Salt and pepper again.
- 4Add 1 tsp of butter. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 to 2 hours until potatoes are done. Stir often.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peg's Southern Style Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 1076.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g