Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A favorite recipe at Peggy's house from the family collection.
Make and share this Peg's Southern Style Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 2 small potatoes, quartered
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion, largely diced
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Cut bacon into cubes with kitchen scissors. Brown until crisp. Add onion and potatoes to bacon and drippings. LIghtly salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until potatoes and onions begin to get tender. DO NOT BURN ONIONS.
- Add drained green beans and stir mixture to coat everything with bacon drippings. Add onion powder and 1 cup chicken broth or water. Salt and pepper again.
- Add 1 tsp of butter. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 to 2 hours until potatoes are done. Stir often.