This is absolutely delicious comfort food. I call it "bachelor food" or "one pot cooking". Easy to make, and it is good when served hot or when served cold in sandwiches. Serve with baked potatoes and canned peas. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onion.
- 2Chop mushrooms.
- 3Mix everything together in a big bowl.
- 4Use your hands and squoosh it all together.
- 5Put it into a large loaf pan.
- 6Drizzle ketchup over the uncooked salmon loaf.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour until it gets brown and a little crusty on top.
- 8Test for doneness with knife.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peg's Old Canadian Salmon Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 2179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 27.5 g