Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is absolutely delicious comfort food. I call it "bachelor food" or "one pot cooking". Easy to make, and it is good when served hot or when served cold in sandwiches. Serve with baked potatoes and canned peas. Yum!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 egg
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Chop onion.
- Chop mushrooms.
- Mix everything together in a big bowl.
- Use your hands and squoosh it all together.
- Put it into a large loaf pan.
- Drizzle ketchup over the uncooked salmon loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour until it gets brown and a little crusty on top.
- Test for doneness with knife.
The salmon loaf had a nice flavor, but I did have to bake it longer than 30 minutes (closer to 1 hr.). I used plain bread crumbs (in a can). Maybe I should have tried soft bread crumbs instead. It didn't seem to bind together like a loaf usually does.