Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A favorite recipe at Peggy's house from the family collection. 2 peeled and diced potatoes can be substituted for macaroni, if desired.
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans, mild
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes
- condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (32 ounce) box beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat until potatoes are just tender. Turn down heat to low and simmer at least 1.5 hours.
Tasty and certainly easy! Never added macaroni to chili before. Thanks Brooke for sharing.