1/2 Photos of Peggy's Peach Bread Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
My daughter sent me this recipe. It is a peach cobbler and bread pudding all-in-one. She said cutting the recipe in half works well. Also it is very yummy and everyone likes it and is good served with ice cream or carmel sauce. Yum Two hours in refridgerator not in work time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb egg bread or 1 lb plain croissant, cut or torn into roughly 2 inch pieces (challah)
- 10 peaches, peeled and sliced (My DD used frozen peaches)
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/4 cups heavy cream (you can use half & half)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla ice cream, for topping
- 1With 1 tablespoon of butter, grease a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish; cut or tear bread into cubes (they don't have to be in uniform size) and place in the baking dish, prepare peaches by peeling & slicing; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar with a whisk; do not WHIP.
- 3Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the peaches and cook until soft, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- 4Add the cream and bring mixture to a boil. Gradually pour hot peach mixture into egg mixture while STIRRING CONSTANTLY. Add vanilla & salt.
- 5Pour the peach-and-egg mixture over the bread cubes; there won't be much room in the baking dish, but gently move contents around with rubber spatula until all the bread cubes are coated. Cover with wax paper and let stand in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put pudding, covered in the wax paper, into oven on middle rack and bake 30 minutes; then uncover and bake another 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Allow pudding to cool about 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peggy's Peach Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.5
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 271.1 mg
- Sodium 369.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g