Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a favorite recipe in our house, given to my Mom from her best friend, Peggy Wall. They used to be school bus drivers together, and this recipe was a tried and true favorite at every bus driver potluck that I can remember...My Nana loved this recipe too, and gave out this recipe many times herself...Very simple to make, but packed with a perfect blend of sweet & tart lemony flavor!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- prepared icing (Actually, it's a simple glaze, recipe to follow)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease & flour bundt cake pan.
- Mix all ingredients (except the glaze), spread in bundt cake pan, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Let cake cool JUST ENOUGH to invert it and take it out of the pan onto a serving plate. (Still warm).
- While still as warm as possible, drizzle glaze over the top and let it run down the sides.
- SIMPLE GLAZE: 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus.
- the juice of 2 fresh lemons.
- Mix well. Then Drizzle over the top of the warm cake.
Thanks for posting such and easy AND tasty recipe. I made this for a friend of mine who LOVES lemony things and I had to sample it before giving it to her. The scent from the oven was impossible to resist. I especially appreicated the fact that I could whip it up in less than an hour and half (including clean-up, glazing and packing). I made a glaze of sugar, water and lemon juice simmered for a couple of minutes to brush onto the cake.