This is the piecrust recipe that my daughter sent me for the Mile-High Cranberry Apple Pie. It makes a really tasty,kind of cookie-flakey crust. It's winning card is that it is never tough.Baking time is according to the pie you are making.
- Cut shortening and lard into the flour and salt mixture until it is in a small pea sized lumps.
- Combine the egg, ice water,and vingar.
- Lightly fork into the flour/shortening mixture.
- Pat into two balls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for awhile.
- Roll out on a well floured surface.
- Makes 1 double pie crust or 2 single pie crust.
- Bake as directed for pie.