Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You have to try this recipe! This is by far the best salad I have ever had. Even though some of the ingredients may sound like they dont belong together, they sure do taste great together. The 2 hours cooking time is letting the salaad set up in the fridge.
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup green grape, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix together the broccoli, green grapes (halved), chopped green onions, slivered almonds, and golden raisins.
- Fry the bacon crisp and crumble over the salad.
- Mix the mayo, sugar, and vinegar to make the dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir.
- Let set in fridge for 2 hours before serving.
I have made this several times, and it is always a hit. I used red onions for color. Sometimes, if I am in a hurry, I toss in real bacon bits rather than frying bacon. Not quite as tasty, but still good.
I love this salad.The grapes taste wonderful in it. I have used red grapes as well.I make this salad often and don't have to change a thing.
Recently took this to a family gathering and it was a hit. I could have eaten the whole thing! I used light mayo and Splenda in the dressing. People who don't usually care for broccoli enjoyed this salad. Thanks!