Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The Gray House Bed & Breakfast
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until creamy.
- In a 9" x 13" baking pan, unroll 1 package of dinner rolls and seal perforations.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough.
- Unroll the other package of rolls, seal perforations and place over cream cheese.
- Mix egg white with water and brush over top of pastry.
- Sprinkle top with almonds and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool 20 minutes and cut into 1" x 2" bars.
Outstanding! I just made this recipe for breakfast. I cut the recipe in half and make it in an 11 by 7 pan. It looked like way too much filling and found out there is no such thing! It's a keeper!