Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Have leftover dinner mints, candy canes, or peppermint candies?! Here's a delicious way to use them up! (Cook time includes overnight chilling time...)
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces after dinner mints or 10 ounces crushed peppermint candies
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring
- Mix together 1 3/4 cup crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 9x13" pan.
- Cover crust and chill.
- Pour cream into large glass mixing bowl.
- Add mints and food coloring.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight to dissolve mints.
- Chill bowl and beaters thoroughly.
- Whip cream.
- Gently spread on prepared crust.
- Top with reserved 1/4 cup crumbs.
- Freeze until serving time.
- Cut into squares.
This is the perfect dessert for the chocolate and mint lover. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this light minty dessert. I used Famous Chocolate Wafer cookie crumbs for crust and Brachs pastel dessert mints for the flavoring in the whipped cream. I only made 1/3 the recipe and froze in a 8.5 X 5.5 casserole dish. This made 6 average size servings.