Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have no idea who Peggy is. My mother sent me this recipe about a year ago, and these little buggers are simple to make, and delicious.
- 200 (7 ounce) g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 (3 1/2 ounce) g butter, melted and cooled
- 110 (7/8 cup) g flour, sift before measuring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, mash the cheese and butter with a fork.
- Cream until well combined and smooth.
- Add flour and salt and combine thoroughly.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Pinch off tiny pieces of dough and roll into tiny balls with the palms of your hands.
- Place 1 inch apart on 1 or 2 ungreased cookie sheets-- they really spread.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree F (yes, that's a hot oven) for 8 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Well what can I say about these. My Husband made these and when he can do it without swearing. Its a keeper LOL. They came out like little cheese crackers and were served with a hot salsa on the side. A great recipe. This was also doubled, and disappeared very fast. Thanks for another keeper.
i haven't tried this exact recipe, but it sounds the same as one i know, except you roll the dough around green olives or bleu cheese~ delicious!!!