Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are my daughter's favorite! If you have the time it is fun to decorate each square to your liking with cake decorating icing.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white syrup (Karo)
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Bring the sugar and syrup to a boil and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla; stir until blended and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies and mix well. The cereal will incorporate, it may take some patience! Press into a buttered 9x13 pan. I usually put a little butter on my hands and pat evenly into pan.
- Melt chips on 50 % power in your microwave in 1 minute intervals. Keep stirring to make sure the chips melt evenly and to avoid baking the chips. Once the chips are melted to a satiny texture spread over top of Rice Krispie mixture. Let cool. Cover and keep in refrigerator if weather is warm.
- These are sweet, when cutting keep the squares small!
These are amazing!
I forgo the butterscotch chips and melt the chocolate chips with 1 cup of peanut butter. So yummy!!
Delicious, we love all of the flavors in our house!