1/2 Photos of Peggy Sue's Scotcheroos Bars
These are my daughter's favorite! If you have the time it is fun to decorate each square to your liking with cake decorating icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the sugar and syrup to a boil and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla; stir until blended and smooth.
- 2Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies and mix well. The cereal will incorporate, it may take some patience! Press into a buttered 9x13 pan. I usually put a little butter on my hands and pat evenly into pan.
- 3Melt chips on 50 % power in your microwave in 1 minute intervals. Keep stirring to make sure the chips melt evenly and to avoid baking the chips. Once the chips are melted to a satiny texture spread over top of Rice Krispie mixture. Let cool. Cover and keep in refrigerator if weather is warm.
- 4These are sweet, when cutting keep the squares small!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peggy Sue's Scotcheroos Bars
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 117.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g