Recipe by StevenHB
This recipe was frequently made by Sally's Glasgow-born grandmother, Peg. She kept her brogue even 70 years after moving to the US.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and all sugar.
- Add flour gradually, mixing with a hand-held mixer. You may need to add a small amount of water to make a smooth dough.
- Knead until smooth and not sticky, adding a bit more flour if required.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut cookies as desired. Prick each cookie several times with a fork.
- Bake at 300F for 20-25 minutes, until they just start taking on some color.