Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the cookbook "It's Peeps! Recipes and Crafts To Make With Your Favorite Marshmallow Treat by Charity Ferreira. Found in the newspaper. Who doesn't love Peeps?
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded sweetened
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 12 wooden craft sticks (available at hobby stores)
- 12 marshmallow peeps, bunnies
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Place coconut or nut on a plate.
- Insert stick about halfway into bottom section of Peeps bunny. Dip into chocolate, turning to coat completely. Lift bunny from the chocolate but keep it over the bowl; use a knife to scrape excess chocolate off the back and bottom. Hold bunny over the plate of coconut or nuts and sprinkle to cover all sides.
- Lay bunny on prepared baking sheet and dip remaining bunnies. Place baking sheet in freezer and freeze until firm about 30 minutes.