I found this in TOH, originally submitted by Bethany Eledge
Make and share this Peeps Sunflower Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-inch round baking pans.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper.
- Level tops of cake.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Without separating peeps, and curving slightly to fit, arrange chicks around edge of cake for sunflower petals.
- For sunflower seeds arrange chocolate chips in center of cake.
- Yield 12 servings.