Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in TOH, originally submitted by Bethany Eledge
Make and share this Peeps Sunflower Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-inch round baking pans.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper.
- Level tops of cake.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Without separating peeps, and curving slightly to fit, arrange chicks around edge of cake for sunflower petals.
- For sunflower seeds arrange chocolate chips in center of cake.
- Yield 12 servings.
Super cute! I used a box mix for speed (I'd usually bake from scratch), and my favorite chocolate frosting Crazy Cake Frosting. Set the kid to filling in the spiral of sunflower seeds (math in action! Fibonacci sequence!) and we have an adorable cake to share at a potluck the day before Easter. Thanks for sharing!
Everyone remarked on how cute this cake was. (oh yeah, they said it tasted good, too) :) I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine also. I knew I had to make that cake when I saw the picture; simply adorable. I did not use the wax paper; I don't like to line my cake pans with it. Unfortunately, I was out of parchment paper, so I used some of the non-stick spray with flour in it. Also, I only used 1 container of frosting, and it was plenty. Great results with little effort. Thanks! :)
Very easy to make & pretty! I made this cake for Easter and used Miranda's Milky Way Cake Miranda's Milky Way Cake.