Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Excellent Recipe from Bobby Flay
- 7.39 ml spanish smoked paprika
- 14.79 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 4.92 ml growned cumin
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsley chopped
- 907.18 g large shrimp, deveined but shell left on
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl mix first 7 ingredients, and toss with shrimp to coat.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in 2 large skillets.
- Divide shrimp and cook over moderately high heat stirring occasionally, until curled and white throughout. About 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the butter and scallions to each skillet and swirl.
- Transfer to platter and serve.
This dish was really tasty, but I think that I would prefer to peel the shrimp before cooking, and put the rub on an hour beforehand. It was extremely messy to eat, but sometimes that can be fun, in the right environment.