- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spanish smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon growned cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsley chopped
- 2 lbs large shrimp, deveined but shell left on
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix first 7 ingredients, and toss with shrimp to coat.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in 2 large skillets.
- Divide shrimp and cook over moderately high heat stirring occasionally, until curled and white throughout. About 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the butter and scallions to each skillet and swirl.
- Transfer to platter and serve.