Recipe by MarraMamba
a seriously hot dish to be washed down with ice cold beer! normally made in jamaica with river crayfish, a terrific appetizer
Top Review by loof
Woohoo - this shrimp is fantastic! Made just as directed and would not change a thing. These are spicy but not overly so and the cooking method is perfect. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
- 2 cups water
- 4 scotch bonnet peppers or 4 habanero peppers, halved
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1 lb large shrimp, unpeeled and uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, Scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, green onions, thyme, crushed garlic, salt, bay leaf, and allspice in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add shrimp and bring to boil. Remove pan from heat; let stand until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid. Transfer shrimp to bowl and serve warm or at room temperature, allowing diners to peel their own shrimp.