Recipe by Diamond Dave
A friend of mine told me about this recipe - she says that it is suppose to have so much fibre in it that it takes more calories to digest it than it supplies to the body. She says that when taken in conjunction with a regular exercise program it helps you loose weight - ergo "Peel-A-Pound"...Caution - this makes a lot of soup.
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 4 cups water (more as needed later to cover vegetables)
- 3 1⁄4 ounces green onions
- 8 1⁄2 ounces yellow onions
- 10 1⁄4 ounces celery
- 10 3⁄4 ounces carrots
- 19 1⁄4 ounces cabbage
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 11 1⁄2 ounces vegetable juice
- 26 1⁄2 ounces lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and chop/slice up all the vegetables.
- Brown meat, rinse well - set aside.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in 4 cups of boiling water.
- Add meat to bouillon stock.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Add canned tomatoes, juice and all.
- Add vegetable juice.
- Add more water as needed to just cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and cook until veggies reach your desired doneness. (I usually undercook them and then scoop out a portion and microwave it - this way the veggies stay fresh and crisp).