Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Had it at my daughter's and this is the recipe she gave me. I haven't made it yet so there's no tweaking going on here. Ten minutes to make if you have cooked rice on hand.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) canspeeled green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- Cut Monterey Jack into strips. Mix sour cream and chilies. Butter 1 1/2 quart casserole well. Season rice with salt and pepper.
- Layer 1/2 the rice, sour cream mixture, and monterey cheese strips in that order. Finish off with the other half of rice on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. During last minute, sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.