Pedernales River Chili Con Carne
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- Melt the lard or bacon drippings in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the meat to the pan.
- Break up any lumps with a fork and cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is evenly browned.~ 2.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.~ 3.
- Stir in the salt, oregano, cumin, water, and tomatoes.~ 4.
- Gradually stir in the ground chili, testing until you achieve the degree of hotness and flavor the suits your palate. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally.~ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.