Recipe by Ilysse
Good b4 or after a meal according to your taste and tradition. I have also served this as a salad course with some baby mixed greens tossed with a little oil and salt. And no one says you can't just sit in front of the TV and have a snack of it with a hunk of italian bread :-) If you have rosemary infused oil then you can use it instead of the oil and rosemary, saving a few steps and 2 hours of time. Cook time is the steeping time. Use your favorite Pecorino, I go for a nice Tuscan one at the cheese shop but a Pecorino Romano at the grocer. I have no idea where the 16 walnut halves came from. Just use your own taste as a guide as to how many nuts to use or don't use any, its still good without.
Top Review by susie cooks
This was great! I loved the rosemary oil with the cheese. I also sliced a pear and drizzled that with the oil. I served this as an appetizer but I like the idea of making a salad with it. I am going to make it again tonight to have while watching a movie. I could eat this every day!
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lb pecorino cheese, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 16 walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep the rosemary in the olive oil for 2 hours. Strain and discard the rosemary. Whisk the olive oil and honey in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange the Pecorino on a serving platter and drizzle with the honey and olive oil mixture.
- Top with the black pepper and walnuts and serve.