Recipe by Lene
This is a really stunning tart. It has such a delicious flavour, I just serve it with a classic rocket and cherry tomato salad for an elegant supper. It will also serve eight as a starter.
- 300 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 150 g chilled butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 450 ml double cream
- 2 large eggs, plus
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the flour, salt, butter, tarragon and chili flakes in a food processor and whiz until the mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Pour in 3 Tbs very cold water and pulse again to form a fine dough.
- You may need a little more or a little less.
- Rolled the pastry out on a floured surface and use to line a 23cm loose bottomed tart tin.
- Rest the pastry case for 5 minutes, if possible.
- Prick the base, fill with crumpled foil and bake for 10 minutes then remove the foil.
- Lower the oven to 180°C.
- Beat together the cream and the eggs until well blended.
- Stir in the pecorino and pour into the tart case.
- Bake for 25 minutes until just set.
- Carefully remove the tart from the tin and cut into slices.
- Serve, while still warm, with a rocket and tomato salad.