Taken from Love Italian v2
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned and beard removed
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 0 tomato paste
- 59.14 ml water
- 2.46 ml white balsamic vinegar
- cracked black pepper
- 59.14 ml finely shredded bacon
- 118.29 ml finely grated pecorino cheese
- basil or chopped flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- 1Place prepared mussels into a large saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to the boil tossing mussels until the shells open (discard any mussels that do not open). Drain and remove mussells. Take the top shell off the mussels.
- 2Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add spring onions and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- 3Stir in tomato paste, water, vinegar and pepper.
- 4Spoon 1 teaspoon of the tomato mixture onto each mussel, sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- 5Place under a hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Serve garnished with herbs.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecorino Stuffed Mussels (Cozze Farcite Con Pecorino)
Serving Size: 1 (1139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 126.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar