Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Deborah Mele's wonderful italian food site http://italianfoodforever.com and is delightful!
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups shredded young pecorino cheese (Or Other Melting Cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 cups aged pecorino cheese, Shaved
- 2 large ripe pears
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (or Pine Nuts)
- 1⁄4 cup artisan honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Divide the dough in half and roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/3 of an inch thickness. Use a 3 inch round biscuit or cookie cutter cut out as many circles as you can and set these aside and cover with a towel to rest for 10 minutes. Use the other half of the dough to cut out more circles.
- Thinly slice the pears.
- Use your fingers to pull the dough into a 4 inch round and place as many as will fit onto a baking sheet. Brush the top of the pizzas lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with the shredded melting cheese.
- Top with two pear slices per pizzette, and then some of the aged pecorino shavings. Sprinkle on some of the chopped walnuts and then drizzle with a little of the honey. Bake about 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. The honey will caramelize on top and get quite dark. Serve immediately.